Birth is a natural process that can be easier and more comfortable than most mothers ever imagine. Childbirth is directed by the subconscious mind through a combination of programming and instincts. Hypnosis allows you to eliminate any negative beliefs and expectations so that you can confidently experience giving birth.
In addition to all-natural births, hypnosis can be used in conjunction with medications and Cesarean surgeries – it reduces the amount of medication needed, reduces bleeding, and accelerates healing. In natural birth, hypnosis shortens labor, reduces or eliminates pain, releases fears, and puts Mom in control of her own body and mind. Modern hypnosis training empowers moms to use their instincts for calm, confident, and comfortable birth in any situation.
Free Introductory Class – Embracing Childbirth With Hypnosis.
Join Christina Gabbard, CCHt, BHE, PHS (Previous hypnosis skeptic), in Charlotte NC, to learn about the basics of hypnosis and how it positively benefits labor and delivery. It’s a simple, natural, and risk-free alternative that is gaining popularity world-wide. Find out if it’s right for you. See a video of a birth with hypnosis and have your own hypnosis experience.
Each two-hour class features activities, hypnosis, discussion, special training for birth partners, a practice CD that corresponds with each class, 6 CDs in all, including one for birth, a comprehensive manual, and additional reference materials that will educate and inspire you about the realities and possibilities of creating a healthy, satisfying birth.
Each class builds on the last and is intended for couples in their third trimester of pregnancy. Private instruction and group classes offered.
- Class 1: Discovering Self-Hypnosis Learn the secret to profound relaxation that offers no resistance to labor, and how to re-activate it with a simple word prompt. Experience the power of visualization.
- Class 2: Practical Skills for Mom and Partner Moms need lots of support in labor! Partners become hypnosis coaches and learn about what REALLY helps moms. Practice staying in hypnosis while walking and opening your eyes. Learn about birth anatomy, terminology and phases of labor.
- Class 3: Birth Without Fear Fear is a message from the deeper mind, expressed in the body. Learn to identify the fears that could derail an otherwise perfect birth, and transform them into calm and confidence.
- Class 4: Tame Labor Pain with your Brain Learn the secrets of the mind that have allowed people for thousands of years to reduce sensations in their bodies and suffering in their minds. Practice different ways to control sensations in hypnosis.
- Class 5: Putting it all Together You will put together all the skills and info from the first four classes so you’ll feel confident and excited about your child’s birth. Learn all about birth plans, labor positions and the pushing phase. Partners practice their ‘duties’ and special hypnosis techniques. Look beyond birth to your plans for the baby. Learn how to use hypnosis to speed healing, jump-start breastfeeding and get by on less sleep. In hypnosis, create the blueprint for the labor and birth you desire.
Group classes are limited to 3-4 couples, and are a great way to meet other expectant parents. Tuition includes unlimited phone and email support up until birth. cost: $350 *$100 deposit holds your spot.
Private instruction is useful for anyone who has scheduling restrictions or desires more personalized training, in their home. Tuition for Private Instruction cost: $450
- Watch an ABC special on the sensual side of birth, including one with hypnosis.
- See a preview of The Business of Being Born, a documentary movie about the crisis facing pregnant women and birth in America.
- Watch a trailer for Orgasmic Birth, a film about the physical joy that’s possible during labor.
- View an inspirational 10 minutes of Birth As We Know It.
- See two videos of normal birth in simplified 3D animation format: one with a focus on the cervix, and one with a focus on the pelvic bones.
- Try out a few acupressure points to help in labor.
- Read about the findings of the second Listening to Mothers study.
childbirth hypnosis in charlotte nc